Sponsor of the
2023 Mare & Foal Inspection Tour
|Warmblood Stallions of NA
Sponsor of the
2023 Yearling/Two-Year-Old Futurity
Below is the 2023 AHS/ARS Public Inspection Tour Schedule. Additional public sites may be added to this list as they are finalized. Please remember that inspection forms and payment must be received in the office by the deadline to avoid a $50 per horse late fee charge.
Every mare, foal, and stallion inspection/MPT cancellation will receive a refund in full less a $50.00 per horse withdrawal fee with the exception of Futurity and Informal Stallion Evaluation entries. Because Futurity fee are less than $50, no refunds are given. There are no addtional fees if you switch to a different site.
If you have further questions, please contact the AHS office, 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. Eastern Time, by calling 859-255-4141 ext.103; you may also e-mail inquiries to
You must have a current Active-level membership with the AHS to present horses at inspection or to register foals. If you are a current Associate or Junior member, you must upgrade to Active using the Membership Renewal Form.
To register foals, enroll mares and/or stallions for inspection, sign up for the Mare Performance Test, or enter Futurity classes, use the Inspection, Futurity, MPT, and Foal Registration form. Early enrollment is encouraged as many sites have limited space. All fees must be paid in advance as entries are not taken on inspection day. Deadlines vary by site, so be sure to check the schedule below.
If you have any questions regarding the tour please contact Ivy at (859) 255-4141 ext.103 . The office staff is more than pleased to assist you with any inspection inquiries you may have. Good luck on inspection day; we wish you every success.
In addition, the Society offers a limited number of private inspections available to members who cannot travel to a public site. Please contact Ivy for details or (859) 255-4141 Ext. 103. Video inspections are also an option for mare inspections. Read the video rules and guidelines to see if video will work for you and your mare.
The AHS reserves the right to make scheduling changes if necessary.
THE LIST OF PUBLIC SITES WILL BE UPDATED REGULARALY AS THEY ARE ADDED TO THE TOUR.
2023 Tour Dates:
Inspection Day Standard Order of Go
To make the best use of the commission’s time, inspection sites typically follow a standard order-of-go, however, the final schedule is up to the site host's discretion. Stallion licensing site schedules may differ.
- Free Jumping portion of Mare Performance Test. During the free jumping there will be an evaluation of the trot while free running; in the case of previously uninspected mares, (i.e., those doing both their studbook inspection and MPT), there will be an evaluation of conformation and correctness of gaits immediately following their free jumping.
- Individual inspection of non-Hanoverian Mares, followed by group walk ring, including the non-Hanoverian mares inspected during the MPT, followed by awards.
- Mare Performance Test, under saddle portion, followed by awards.
- Individual inspection of Hanoverian Mares, followed by group walk ring, including the Hanoverian mares inspected during the MPT, followed by awards.
- Foal Presentations
- Futurity Classes
- Branding (last activity of the day).
- Hip branding of the foals out of mares that have just passed their inspection follows is usually the last activity of the day. At most sites, a foal class will be held and “the best colt” and “best filly” of the day will be announced.
Send your stabling requests directly to the host at the address printed for the contact of the site. This is meant to help the hosts in planning for their guests. Consult your site information as to whether stabling fees are due in advance or at the time you arrive. These fees are paid directly to the host. Do not send the stabling form or stabling payment to the AHS office.