Wednesday, November 29, 2023
Select menu item

Duplicate Registration Papers

Duplicate registration papers can only be issued to horses whose papers were originally issued by the American Hanoverian Society.  We cannot issue duplicate passports for German-papered horses. You will need to contact the Hannoveraner Verband to request a duplicate German passport. 

If you--the owner of the horse--are applying for duplicate papers but are not the owner of record of the horse in the AHS database, you will need to provide the office with written permission from the AHS owner of record. The written permission must be signed and dated by the AHS owner of record. You will be required to complete the online transfer the ownership form at the same time you request duplicate papers. 

You must be a current Active member to request duplicate papers. You can join/renew a membership on the Duplicate Registration Papers form below.

To obtain duplicate registration papers, the owner(s) of the horse must:

  1. Complete the Duplicate Registration Papers form below. 
  2. When your submission is received, you will be sent a form attached to your confirmation email that requires your signature to be notarized. Complete the form, including the explanation of the lost papers, with a notarized signature of the owner of record, and return it to Christy at   NOTE: We can only accept the form if the owner of records' signature is notarized.
  3. Send four-color photos of the horse showing front, back, and both sides of the horse down to the hoof so all leg markings can be seen, to Christy at

Duplicate Registration Papers Form