The AHS may order Warmblood Fragile Foal Syndrome (WFFS) test for horses that we have previously DNA typed by sending the horse’s hair sample to the U.C. Davis lab. If you do not know if your horse qualifies, feel free to call the AHS office and we can tell you.
- We cannot test horses who do not have a hair sample of file with U.C. Davis lab. If this is the case for your horse, you will have to create an account on U.C. Davis’ website and order a WFFS test yourself. The fee will be $40.
- WFFS testing is a member benefit to current AHS members only.
- The fee for ordering a WFFS test through the AHS office is $35.
- You do need to be the AHS owner of record of the horse to order a WFFS test. If you are not, you may transfer the horse into your ownership with the proper paperwork and fees.
- Upon ordering your horse’s WFFS test, it can take up to six (6) business days to get the results. The lab will send us the results in a PDF format and we will forward the results to you unopened, so it will be totally confidential.
- WFFS testing can be done on foals the same time we are parent-verifying them.