For available tour dates and site-specific information for the current AHS Inspection tour, please visit the AHS/ARS Tour Dates page.
You must be a current Active Member of the AHS to present horses at inspection or to register foals. If you are a current Associate or Junior member, you must upgrade to Active using the Membership Renewal Form.
Inspection Day Standard Order of Go
To make the best use of the commission’s time, inspection sites typically follow a standard order-of-go, however, the final schedule is up to the site host's discretion. Stallion licensing site schedules may differ.
- Free Jumping portion of Mare Performance Test. During the free jumping there will be an evaluation of the trot while free running; in the case of previously uninspected mares, (i.e., those doing both their studbook inspection and MPT), there will be an evaluation of conformation and correctness of gaits immediately following their free jumping.
- Individual inspection of non-Hanoverian Mares, followed by group walk ring, including the non-Hanoverian mares inspected during the MPT, followed by awards.
- Mare Performance Test, under saddle portion, followed by awards.
- Individual inspection of Hanoverian Mares, followed by group walk ring, including the Hanoverian mares inspected during the MPT, followed by awards.
- Foal Presentations
- Futurity Classes
- Branding (last activity of the day).
- Hip branding of the foals out of mares that have just passed their inspection follows is usually the last activity of the day. At most sites, a foal class will be held and “the best colt” and “best filly” of the day will be announced.
To register foals, enroll mares and/or stallions for inspection, sign up for the Mare Performance Test, or enter Futurity classes, use the Inspection, Futurity, MPT, and Foal Registration form. Early enrollment is encouraged as many sites have limited space. All fees must be paid in advance as entries are not taken on inspection day. Deadlines vary by site, so be sure to check the deadline schedule for your site on the Tour Dates page. Inspection entries that are not submitted by the posted deadlines will incur a late fee.
If you have any questions regarding the tour please contact the central office at (859) 255-4141. The staff is more than pleased to assist you with any inspection inquiries you may have. Good luck on inspection day; we wish you every success.
Send your stabling requests directly to the host at the address printed for the contact of the site. This is meant to help the hosts in planning for their guests. Consult your site information as to whether stabling fees are due in advance or at the time you arrive. These fees are paid directly to the host. Do not send the stabling form or stabling payment to the AHS office.
Every mare, foal, and stallion inspection/MPT cancellation will receive a refund in full less a $50.00 per horse withdrawal fee with the exception of Futurity and Informal Stallion Evaluation entries. Because these fees are less than $50, no refunds are given. You may switch to a different site without a fee.