You are here: Home › AHS Members-Only Site FAQs
AHS Members-Only Site FAQs
Please note: The AHS website now includes a Current Member's Only section featuring a searchable database of inspection and MPT scores and much more. Log in information has been distributed to current-year (2013) members who have provided a valid email address to the AHS central office, and new memberships will be updated on a weekly basis henceforth. Please note that your log in information will expire at the end of the current calendar year (12/31) and new credentials will be emailed to members as they join for 2014. If you are a current-year member and have not received your log in information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and complete and submit the AHS Member Email Update Form to update your contact information. The email containing your log in information may have failed due to an outdated email address.
If you have any questions regarding the Members-Only section, browse many of the frequently asked questions below.
This archive contains AHS Members-Only Site FAQs. Please choose from one of the questions listed below to view its answer. This page is under development and more topics will be added as time allows.
How do I make a payment if I am the winning bidder?
Winning bid email will contain a PayPal link for quick payment as well as contact numbers and a downloadable form for faxing information to the office if so desired. Payment must be made within 48 hours of auction close or the next highest bidder will receive the offer. Bidders who default on an auction will be blocked from future events.
How do I edit a Marketplace listing?
Editing a Marketplace Listing
- Login to the AHS website with your registered username and password.
- Go to the Hanoverian Marketplace page.
- Click on the Edit Listing button in the ribboned menubar below.
- You will be taken to the "User Ad Management Panel - Listings" page
- Click on the appropriate links to View, Edit, Delete or manage your images. To edit your contact information, click on the "Profile" link in the far left top corner of the page. Scroll to the very bottom of the page to the "Classifieds Profile Info" section. Edit your Phone/Address/City/State information and click on the "Update Profile" button.
If you have any questions throughout the listing process please contact email@example.com.
Do I need to register to bid in the auction?
Yes, all bidders must register on this site in order to participate in the auction.
FREE registration is required if you are a non-AHS member wishing to bid in the auction. FREE Auction-level registration is used for bidding purposes only and will not give the user access to Members Only sections of the website. Please visit the Membership and Services page for more information on becoming an AHS member. Current-year AHS members with login credentials for this site may use those for bidding purposes - you do not need to register twice. Login/registration areas are located in the right hand column of all auction pages.
How does bidding work?
The AHS Stallion Service Auction uses Standard (Proxy Bidding)
This is the default option. Here Bidder A can enter a proxy Maximum Bid that they are willing to bid up to and be protected in the auction till their Maximum Bid is beaten.
- “Stallion A” has a starting bid of $100.
- John places a maximum bid of $250. His current bid starts at $100.
- Mary places a bid of $200, but is told that her bid is lower than John’s bid.
- The current bid of John is now raised to $225 to defeat Mary’s bid of $200.
- Mary can choose to place a new bid which is more than $250 or higher, to outbid John.
- Bid increments are automatically set at $25 and calculated by the bidding algorithm. Bids placed will have to be above that value AND the automatic bid increment will use the same value.
How do I become an AHS member?
How do I pay for a Marketplace listing by check?
At this time the Marketplace software is limited to accepting payments though paypal. To place an ad by check, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further directions.
How do I place a complimentary Futurity Listing?
Only horses which entered the current-year AHS Futurity classes during the inspection tour and paid the added $7 fee will be approved for a one-time 90-day posting with this payment term.
To place your complimentary futurity listing:
- Login to the AHS website at https://hanoverian.org with your registered username and password. If you have forgotten your password you may retrieve it at https://www.hanoverian.org/?action=lostpassword&instance=1
- Go to the Hanoverian Marketplace page at https://www.hanoverian.org/hanoverian-marketplace/.
- Click on the "Place Listing" button in the yellow ribboned menubar.
- Choose the category that your listing should appear in.
- Select the "$19.99 AHS Member Website-Only 90 Day Listing (1 web photo)" payment term. You will use a coupon code in step #8 for your free listing. Only horses which entered the current-year AHS Futurity classes during the inspection tour and paid the added $7 fee will be approved for a one-time 90-day posting with this payment term.
- Select a Payment Method. At this time the software is limited to accepting payments though paypal.
- Click the "Continue" button
- On this screen you will be asked to Complete Payment. Use the Coupon/Discount Code that was emailed to you. This code will allow you to redeem one (1) free listing per entry. Click "Apply Coupon".
- Complete the Ad Details page, making sure to enter all required information and click the Continue button at the bottom of the page. Embedded YouTube videos are not offered at this payment level however regular http://mywebsite.com links will be clickable.
- Upload any images. Files must be no larger than 5 MB to load correctly. Larger images must be resized first. For help resizing your images go to http://www.ehow.com/how_4884591_reduce-digital-image-file-size.html. Proceed by clicking the Upload Images at the bottom of the page. You may change images at any time during the listing duration by clicking on the Edit Listing button.
- Your ad has been submitted and an email has been sent to the email address you provided with information you will need to edit your listing. All ads must first be approved by the office prior to going live. (Please allow up to three business days for approval). As soon as an office has approved your ad it will become visible in the system. You may edit your listing at any time once it has been approved by clicking on the "Edit Listing" button.
Can I change my username to something more anonymous?
Usernames cannot be changed for login purposes, however you may edit the Display Name in your Profile. This will allow you to bid more anonymously in the stallion auction, for example.
Will I be notified if I am outbid?
Outbid notices are generated by the system and sent out automatically to the email address listed with the bidder's user account.
However, please do not rely on these notification emails as they may experience transmission delays or be tagged into your junk/spam folders. To check your status as a bidder, if you are on the stallion’s auction page, a list of bidders can be found under the “Bids” tab. If you are winning, your name and current bid will be displayed on top.
How do I know if I am winning an auction?
If you are on the stallion's auction page, simply refresh the page or click the refresh bid icon. A list of bidders can be found under the "Bids" tab. If you are winning, your name and current bid will be displayed on top.